TESS specializes in providing consulting services in the following areas:
- transport planning;
- the design of transport contracts and transport networks;
- operational and financial analysis of transport networks and services;
- implementation of automatic fare collection systems;
- the administration, supervision and monitoring of bus passenger contracts;
- transport planning for urban and rural areas;
- vehicle and crew scheduling;
- the formulation of transport policy and strategies;
- feasibility analysis of transport operations;
- training of transport operators in tendering, management and operations;
- management and business support to small public and freight transport operators;
- general advice to local and provincial authorities at various levels; and
- project management.
Due to its hands-on experience staff of TESS is involved in the presentation of lectures to students from certificate to masters degree levels.
The TESS employees comes from a variety of backgrounds ranging from being employed by bus companies, consultants and government departments where they were involved in most of the specialities mentioned above.